Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Staying Safe Under the Sun

Misibis Bay 
Cagrayray Island, Bacaycay, Albay
May 2013


It's SUMMER! For me, that means trips to exotic places and beaches to enjoy the sunny weather but for my husband, that means looking for  much cooler places to discover.  While we might not agree on our travel preferences (we always end up with a happy compromise), there is one thing we both agree on and that is we can never have enough protection against SUN DAMAGE.


How do we stay safe under the SUN?





First, we don't forget to use our SUNBLOCK/ SUNSCREEN. Whether we are just going to the office or merely staying at home, we make sure that we put on additional protection especially for our faces. Did you know that even indoor lighting can age our skin? Well, I didn't... until the dermatologist told me.  And with this El Nino phenomenon, we need it more than ever. 


I personally love using VMV Hypoallergenics Armada Face Cover 30 as an everyday sun screen. To state the obvious, it is hypoallergenic so you don't have to worry if you have sensitive skin and provides a Sun Protection Factor 30 (SPF30).  I really hate the sticky texture of some sun block and I am glad that this one is light and silky smooth when you put it on your skin. While the cream itself is white, it does have a very slight yellowish tint once you put it on your face. But not really a deal breaker since it can easily be covered by a light foundation or powder.

But, whenever we go swimming or biking or engage in some other sport activity, I like to use VMV Hypoallergenics Armada Sport 70.  This one can be used for both the face and the body.  And just like my everyday sun screen it is hypoallergenic, can be easily applied as it is not too creamy and sticky in texture.  What I love about this is that it carries with it a higher SPF 70 and it is water-resistant! That means we can engage in water sports and not worry about losing sun protection even underwater. My daughter also loves Armada Sport 70 because it doesn't sting in the eyes. And that, I believe, is the most important thing for a toddler. :-)

My husband has very sensitive skin which is prone to acne. He prefers to use Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 50+. It is creamy and goes on smooth on the skin. We have used this for both our bodies and faces and we have never had any pimple breakouts because of it. It is waterproof so you can use it while engaging in water sports and other sports activities. But, beware, it can sting the eyes once you start sweating!  So, my daughter and I will definitely stick with Armada Sport for our faces and use this Neutrogena for our bodies only.

For a cheaper alternative, we've also tried Dermplus INVISIlite TPF50++ (Triple Protection Factor). What I love about this is that it comes in a spray. It is just soooo easy to apply. You spray it on your hands or directly to your body and just spread it all over and you're done. Easy peasy. I also like the fact that you look so shiny with that oil all over your body. May be a bit sticky, yes, but you'll have that fresh shiny oil glow! It also has a very faint scent which is quite appealing.  We've never used it on our faces though so this is mainly just for the body. 

White Rock
Clark, Subic Bay
April 2015

Second, even with sun screen, we also try to use a HAT and  SUNGLASSES whenever we are out in the sun.  

Las Casas de Acuzar
Bagac, Bataan
March 2016
And let's not forget that umbrellas are not just for the rainy days!


Third, we never forget to bring our WATER BOTTLES! It might be inconvenient to bring a water bottle/ jug everywhere but it is the best way to ensure that we stay hydrated. There are so many styles and designs out there in the market that I am sure you'll find something that will suit you.  



So, here's to staying safe this summer!

And as Olaf said: "Let's Bring Back Summer!"


P.S. This is an honest review of the products mentioned here. No one paid me to write this post. I bought the products using my own money too.



  


No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...