Friday, November 11, 2016

Honesty Is My Cup of Tea

A couple of months ago after one of our Sunday Service, my husband and I went to the mall to have some "couple" time with each other. After the usual window shopping, we decided to have a coffee/tea break before heading back home.

As usual, he ordered coffee and I had tea.



When we got home, I realized that my cellphone was missing.  My husband suggested that I may have left it in the car.  But I was sure that I never took out my cellphone nor used it in the car.  Hence, the logical thing really is that I have left it at the cafe/restaurant where I remembered using it last.

I quickly looked for the number of the cafe/restaurant while my husband tried calling my cellphone number with the hope that the one who has it would take the call.  But no one answered.
I found the website of the cafe but the number in their official website just kept on ringing.

My husband was ready to give up and was close to losing hope of ever finding the cellphone. I, on the other hand, was still quite hopeful.  Good thing, I found another number for the cafe and this time, someone did answer!  The person who answered confirmed that I have left the cellphone and that I only needed to pick it up.

It was a hassle to go back all the way to the mall but I am really glad that there are honest people around!

Which also reminds me of the time I lost my Charriol bracelet at Longwood Gardens in Philadelphia. Can you imagine that? And yes, that too, was returned to me! All the way from the USA back to the Philippines! But that's another story altogether.

So, I leave you with this:

Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.

James 1:12 KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment

AddThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...